Welcome to NTK Security
Our success is down to providing highly-trained, smart and intelligent security professionals for venues and special events ensuring a safer and more enjoyable experience for your staff and customers.
We have over 30 years of experience in the provision of sensible, sure-footed security for the night-time economy. We specialise in providing Security Industry Authority (SIA) registered Door Supervisors for Public Entertainment Licensed venues. We have considerable knowledge of the Public sector; Schools, their Prom Nights, University accommodation, frontline Hospital and Youth correction facilities.
Our experienced Operations Manager will hand-pick individuals with the desired calibre needed for prestigious Corporate events and the right qualities for private/ high-end or close-protection assignments.
Our objective is to ensure peace of mind for you, your staff, customers and clients so they can work and enjoy themselves in a safe environment. These wholesome characteristics combined with good professional awareness skills ensure peaceful conclusions to successful events.
At NTK we believe quality training is the key to good staff retention and valuable consumer confidence. We provide a four-six day door course, depending on prior learning taking place. Essentially 44 guided learning hours of SIA approved training units and itinerary. All our staff must undergo Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) stipulations (formerly CRB checks) to satisfy Government sector provisos and recommendations.
We have excellent training facilities. A Highfield (HABC) facility with Centre of Approval status (and parking), for the delivery of skills in the area of Conflict Management. We have Level 3-5 instructors qualified to deliver the tools necessary for the more sophisticated practice of Physical Intervention which incorporates the contentious subject concerning Use of Force.
This skillset, regularly refreshed, is vital when it comes to frontline staff dealing with difficult people in public or complex social situations. As well as (SIA) awarding-body certificated training we hold regular in-house ‘Breakfast Workshops’ to address generic confidence and awareness issues as well as specific industry-related conflict resolution requirements.
NTK are renowned for providing professional security personnel that can recognise the signals of matters arising. Increasingly complicated anti-social behaviour or uncomfortable situations can quickly become inflamed at times. Identifying the signs of peoples’ behaviour becoming more animated can be the difference between a medical emergency or a peaceful outcome.
We pride ourselves on the right approach and well-timed intervention. Our behaviour dictates the order of events and helps us to diffuse and prevent heated debates from becoming ugly physical encounters which require the use of force
NTK have never had a member of staff arrested or convicted in conjunction with a violent assault. That is testimony to our peaceful intentions and honestly held beliefs in what are becoming increasingly complex social environments coupled with well-documented high statistics of drug-related violence and national knife-crime for example.
Sure-footed support for safer events
We provide security for retailers throughout East Anglia, as well as frontline healthcare provision. We start with a thorough risk assessment and tailor our services to ensure your establishment is protected.
Safer events & establishments
We believe the key to a successful event and establishment is the right kind of door policy. At NTK, we recognise and teach that mediating and diffusing tension is preferable to having to act physically.
We know that our close protection operatives reflect you and your business and as such, they are trained to the highest level. NTK’s bodyguards provide you with security, so you can focus on your business.
We train high-quality operatives
That are able to handle difficult situations
Customer service is at the heart of any successful security operation. Our staff treat everyone politely, positively and professionally. They are trained to act in the right way, whatever the situation.
We like to keep our events happy but sometimes, problems arise. When this happens, you need a good resolution, quickly. Our staff are trained to intervene calmly, decisively and effectively for the best possible outcome.
Unfortunately, there will be times when people are determined to cause trouble, putting others at risk. Our operatives are trained in conflict resolution and know how to step in without escalating a situation.
- The security provided was both friendly and efficient without being in anyway overbearing. I've been to quite a few festivals and you got it just right! Please thank all of the staff involvedFestival Go-erMaverick Festival
- NTK provided security for the Colchester leg of the British Cycling Tour Series. This was a complicated job which involved managing traffic and closing off roads throughout the town over a whole day in June. With road safety and the public in mind, NTK made sure everything went off smoothly. Everyone enjoyed the day immensely, and much of that is down to NTK’s effective team ethic and open lines of communication.Colchester Borough Council
- NTK provide instructors for SSD Training Services, who train the security team at the football stadium in Conflict Management and lawful Physical Intervention. “It’s vital for us to have a team that can intervene calmly and effectively and keep the atmosphere in and around the ground positive and family-friendly. NTK’s involvement is an integral part of us achieving that, week after week.Colchester United Football ClubJohn Schultz, Commercial Consultant
- Claptrap TVPaul SpencerMichael Herlihy and his team have provided first class security at our event for the last ten years. His personnel consistently perform at the highest standard and conduct themselves in a friendly manner whilst projecting a sense of authority important to maintaining the appropriate festival atmosphere. Their professional demeanour inspires confidence whatever the situation and our customers find it very reassuring.
- Thank you so much for everything you did for us! Our Prom Night was perfect! Both your Door Staff were absolute Stars! I’m saving your number and recommending you to anyone that ever asks for a company like yours. Everything was perfect!1 Stop HealthcareIrma Stevens (CEO)
- Gate, queue and access control for the supervision of excitable crowds attending local amateur boxing events, particularly those between Castle ABC (Colchester), Harwich ABC, Essex University Boxing Club and the Colchester based Parachute Regiment’s Army Boxing TeamCastle Amateur Boxing Club